Senior Management Accountant
MD Group – Bristol
Are you an experienced Management Accountant with strong attention to detail and who can deliver right first-time results? Due to a restructure in the finance team we are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join us, initially on a temporary basis, to assist the Finance Director.
This fixed term role will be for a six month period but there is a strong possibility that this will become a permanent position.
You will be required to produce the monthly management account pack, provide analysis and insight on the accounts to the Board of Directors and operational teams as well as ensuring that financial controls are being applied consistently both within the finance function and the wider business.
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, variance analysis and commentaries in line with a month end timetable
- Supervising a finance team to ensure that invoices are processed correctly
- Prepare information for the annual audit
- Dealing with tax matters
- Providing a support service to the management team to help make financial decisions
- Analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning and forecasts
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- An accountancy qualification
- Previous experience in a management accountant or similar finance role
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Sage 200 desirable
- Experience in the construction sector desirable