Planned Works Manager
MD Group – Berkshire / Oxfordshire
Do you have previous experience in Social Housing? Are you up to the challenge of managing Planned Works and encouraging your team to provide high quality work? Our Planned Works Manager will need to successfully balance the needs of the client whilst supporting our business and its values.
This role will initially be to mobilise a new contract and site, completing roofing refurbishment works to a number of properties (houses & blocks) throughout Berkshire and Oxfordshire.
This role may suit someone with Senior Site Manager or Project Manager experience.
- Manage the contract / area within agreed budgets, objectives and targets
- Will be responsible for managing a number of sites, delivering planned works for a social housing client.
- Will be required to supervise and manage sub-contractors to deliver all works within time and budget to a high standard
- Develop and maintain good levels of communication between the operations team
- Build a positive working relationship with the client and attend regular meeting to report on performance and service delivery and to explore mutually beneficial improvements to ways of working
- High quality service delivery on time and within budget
- Implement Company policies, standards and initiatives
- Ensure contracts are compliant with all legislation, Health & Safety matters, policy and good practice
- Ensure all scheduled team talks and toolbox talks are completed and understood
- Ensure all operational staff understand the importance of customer service and adhere to Company procedures at all times
- Collaborate with other service managers and colleagues in the region to deliver and hit monthly targets as well as develop best practice and implement change
- Excellent knowledge of planned works within the social housing and track record in driving improvements and profit margin
- Experience in delivering planned refurbishment works, ideally to include roofing
- Previous experience in the mobilisation of sites
- Strong team working skills are essential and the ability to lead and develop site operatives’ capabilities
- Understanding of how to maximise productivity and how to measure and improve
- Experience of delivering Tool Box Talks and Team Talks
- Good written and oral presentation
- Good understanding and ability to implement relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Ability to assess, write and implement site Risk Assessment & Method Statements
- Awareness and ability to deliver under CDM
- Experience of Supervising and improving internal and external customer relationships and conflict handling
- Understanding of KPI drivers for MD and our Clients
- SMSTS / SSSTS, First aid & Asbestos awareness
- Ability to use standard PC software such as Microsoft Word and Excel at a basic level along with competence in effective email communications both internally and with clients is essential